ECA Code of Conduct
Escuela Campo Alegre is committed to the safety and protection of students in every aspect of school life. The obligations set forth in the ECA Student Protection Policy (SPP) and Code of Conduct (COC) apply to all ECA employees (faculty, office and staff), volunteers, contractors and providers who represent the school and who interact with ECA students in both a direct and/or unsupervised capacity (hereinafter ECA Community Member). I, as an ECA Community Member, have read the ECA SPP as reviewed and approved by the ECA Board of Directors on June 3, 2022 and available on the school website: www. ecak12.com. I promise to strictly adhere to and comply with and follow the SPP and also to comply with the COC rules and guidelines as detailed below:
- Treat everyone with respect, patience, integrity, courtesy, dignity, and consideration.
- Never be alone with children and/or youth at school activities without another adult being present or notified.
- Use confidentiality, positive reinforcement rather than criticism, competition, or comparison when working with children and/or youth.
- Avoid and be aware of the possible harm and misunderstanding associated with the use of sarcasm, inappropriate questioning, especially with second language learners.
- Maintain professional, appropriate, physical boundaries at all times and touch children – if necessary – only in ways that are socially appropriate, public, and non-sexual.
- Always be aware of and fully observe and comply with the spirit of and specific forms of sexual abuse in the ECA SPP.
- Comply with the mandatory reporting regulations of the ECA SPP to report suspected student abuse or suspected bullying to the school counselor, relevant division Principal, Director of Support Services, or Superintendent.
- Cooperate honestly and fully in any investigation related to student abuse or suspected bullying.
- Consult and seek approval with the Divisional Principal or Superintendent before introducing or teaching sexual, political or religious topics.
I will not:
- Touch or speak to a student, child and/or youth in a sexual or other inappropriate manner.
- Involve myself in any sexual advancement, verbal interaction, suggestion, inappropriate direct or indirect questioning or situation involving ECA students or colleagues.
- Use my position as a teacher/adult to impose or strongly influence students with sexual, specific political or religious beliefs
- Inflict any physical or emotional abuse/harm such as striking, spanking, shaking, slapping, humiliating, ridiculing, threatening, or degrading children and/or youth.
- Smoke or use tobacco products, or possess, or be under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs, vapes or inappropriate chemical substances at any time while working/interacting with children and/or youth.
- Give a student, who is not my own child, a ride home alone, or any other place, without the knowledge of their parent(s) or guardian or without first seeking approval with the Divisional Principal or Superintendent.
- Accept gifts, accept or give food from, or give gifts to students without the knowledge of their parents or guardians without first seeking approval with the Divisional Principal or Superintendent.
- Provide or share alcohol, drugs, cigarettes, vapes, inappropriate chemical substances with students at any time.
- Share or give videos, documents, reading material or questionnaires related to sexual, political or religious topics,
to students without first seeking approval with the Divisional Principal or Superintendent.
- Engage in private or public communications, inappropriate direct or indirect questioning related to sexual, political or religious topics, with children via text messaging, email, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, social media or similar forms of electronic communication, except for activities strictly involving approved school business.
- Use profanity in the presence of students at any time.
- Share my phone number without first consulting with the Divisional Principal or Superintendent.
I understand that as an ECA Community Member and as a responsible professional person working with, providing services to, or interacting with students at Escuela Campo Alegre, that electronic communication using the ECA school network or platform is subject to periodic monitoring by ECA and that I am subject to a criminal history background record check. My signature, on this document, confirms that I have read the ECA SPP and this Code of Conduct document and that as a person working/interacting with students I agree to honestly and fully comply with and follow the rules and guidelines as stated in these documents. I understand that any action inconsistent with the ECA SPP, the Code of Conduct or failure to take action mandated by the ECA SPP or Code of Conduct may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of my employee contract or service provider agreement with Escuela Campo Alegre.
Printed Name: ____________________________________
ECA Code of Conduct (CoC) – Reviewed and approved by the ECA Board of Directors June 3, 2022