March 29, 2020
Dear ECA Community – Hello – I hope that your families are safe, well and staying healthy.
We now enter week three of our online learning program. ECA faculty will continue to provide work, structure and routine for students learning in a quarantined world. ECA teachers have told me that they are very pleased and proud of how students are assuming their home learning responsibilities with your support. Thank you for this. We are all in this together.
Beginning Saturday, April 4, we have the planned Semana Santa break. This will provide time for the ECA community to rest, relax, reflect, spend family time together and be ready to continue with online learning again on Monday April 13.
Once we have further information about updated governmental restrictions I shall send information about how we intend to proceed with school operations for the remainder of the academic year. Meanwhile our online learning program and your support will keep us functioning until we can physically attend school again. Thanks for your continued understanding and support.
Una vez que tengamos más información acerca de las actualizaciones de las restricciones gubernamentales, les enviaré información sobre cómo procederemos con la operación del colegio para el resto del año escolar. Mientras tanto, nuestro programa de aprendizaje en línea y el apoyo de ustedes nos mantendrá en funcionamiento hasta que podamos asistir al colegio de nuevo. Gracias por su comprensión y apoyo continuos.
The following guidelines will help parents and students to establish effective online learning routines:
- Monitor email and Schoology/SeeSaw updates and be sure to check in with your child daily about the distance learning tasks, activities and assessments they are working on.
- Designate a place where your child will work independently on his/her assigned tasks.
- Ask your child to provide a brief summary of the learning he/she is engaging in for each class to ensure their understanding of the content and of the process they are being asked to engage in to demonstrate their learning.
- Ask your child about their calendar deadlines and support them, as needed, in submitting assignments according to the established deadlines.
- Remind your child to email his/her teachers if your child or you have questions or if you need extra help and support.
- Our faculty will be on hand to help and provide support within 24 hours.
- Establish daily routines for engaging in the learning experiences.
- Identify a comfortable, quiet space in your home where you can work effectively and successfully.
- Regularly monitor online platforms (SeeSaw, Schoology, email) to check for announcements and feedback from your teachers.
- Complete assignments with integrity and academic honesty, doing your best work.
- Do your best to meet timelines, commitments, and due dates
- Communicate proactively with your teachers if you cannot meet deadlines or require additional support.
- Collaborate and support your ECA peers in their learning.
- Proactively seek out and communicate with others as the need arises.