Who are our students?
- Students from over 40 nations who blend their unique beliefs and personalities to make ECA a truly multinational educational environment
- Average enrollment of between 500 to 600 students from Nursery to the 12th grade (ages 3 -18 years old)
- Approximately 30% of the students are US citizens
What we would like our students to become:
The primary goal of our educational program is the development of the academic skills and intellectual abilities that will successfully empower children to pursue higher education and a professional career path suited to their talents and interests. Recognizing that we are educating children for a rapidly changing world in the 21st century, we agree that our program of studies should be dedicated to developing students who are:
- Effective communicators in skills such as writing, reading and speaking
- Critical, analytical and innovative thinkers with the technological capabilities needed to deal with an increasingly complex world.
- Skillful global citizens with an international and multi-cultural perspective.
- Knowledge-workers with an understanding of the historic, economic, geographic and environmental forces that have shaped the modern world, and the ability to use this knowledge to better comprehend the present and anticipate the future.
- Collaborative community members with the ability to exercise leadership effectively and appropriately.
- Motivated, continuous learners with the capacity for personal autonomy and the motivation for a life of continuous learning.
- Self-confident, resourceful and assertive contributors.
- Physically and emotionally “healthy”, capable of utilizing the resources available to realize these values and to deal with the stress of an active life
- Ethical community members with high standards and clear values that are not dependent upon a controlled environment.