At ECA, we are recognized as a leader in Educational Information Technology in Latin America. We provide tools and teach skills to enable student to creatively learn, adapt, solve problems, and contribute to an ever-changing global society. Our aim is for students to understand that technology in general, and computers in particular, are tools to help them create, communicate, and collaborate. As a result, our technology program is taught within the context of the core curriculum.
Classrooms in nursery through fourth grade have computer stations with Internet access to further integrate technology into units of study in the homeroom. Grades levels 1 through 4 are each equipped with a shared laptop cart of 16 computers. Grade 5 has a 1:1 Netbook program to prepare students for their middle school years. In the Middle School, student learning is enhanced with the aid of the 1:1 Chromebook Initiative for all students in grades 6, 7, and 8. ECA implements a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) Program in the High School giving students the option to use their own laptop and other tablet or smartphone in school. Beginning August 2015, all high school students must provide their own laptop for school use.
- Fully equipped modern library and media center
- Technology centers for each division
- Mobile laptop carts (Grades 1 -5)
- Wi-Fi Internet coverage for entire campus
- Every classroom is equipped with an interactive white board, display projector, and speakers
- A green-screen filming room with lighting equipment
Links & Resources
- Faculty & Staff Responsible Use Agreement
- Student Responsible Use Agreement
- Student Laptop Terms & Conditions
- Visitor & Contractor Responsible Use Agreement
- Parent permission forms and technology contracts are signed electronically through Skyward