Teaching at Escuela Campo Alegre is exciting, challenging and professionally rewarding. Creating an environment that challenges and stretches student learning is our major goal. We accomplish this through a number of key practices.
- ECA has a clear mission and vision for its future.
- ECA has a strong commitment to improvement and innovative practices.
- ECA works toward specific annual improvement goals.
- ECA is accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS), Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges (MSA) and the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program.
- ECA has a diverse and welcoming international faculty.
- ECA is committed to Professional Development.
- As a participant in our community of learners, every staff member at ECA has the opportunity to partake in a generous and comprehensive professional development program in the world of international education. We encourage faculty to obtain a Masters Degree. A budget is provided for mid-year conferences, summer conferences and courses, and workshop training.
- ECA has a written curriculum for most areas of the school. A new teacher will be provided with curriculum documents, which include student outcomes, key teaching methodologies and unit plans. Key assessments are being added gradually. We are progressing toward a curriculum driven by performance assessment.
- ECA has wonderful, friendly kids!
Download ‘Why Work at ECA?’ for more information.